Town Departments > Solid Waste & Recycling Center > Transfer Station Information
Transfer Station Information
Listing files in 'TRANSFER STATION ACCESS INFORMATION'
• Garbage – household solid waste (including bulky items)
• Glass bottles – any color
• Metal food cans, aluminum foil & foil pie plates
• Rigid Plastics #1 - #7; also milk & juice cartons, juice boxes,
• Paper products i.e. newspaper, magazines, catalogs, junk mail & phone books
• Paperboard i.e. cereal boxes, tissue boxes, paper towel rolls
• Corrugated cardboard
• White office paper
• Construction & demolition debris – e.g. wallboard, tile; roofing, not paint cans, 1 ton limit per
project, must fit in roll-off can;
• Scrap metal – large & small
• Appliances with Freon – don’t cut the lines, we’ll have the Freon drained and recycled, doors
must be removed from refrigerators
• Tires – 4 passenger tire limit, no large equipment or truck tires
• Brush & chippable yard waste – 8 foot length max, 1 ton limit per project; no stumps
• Leaves – without branches or other yard waste. No grass clippings!
• Used motor oil – not mixed with other fluids, 5 gallon limit; see Hazardous Materials page
• Fluorescent bulbs
• Computers, TVs, printers, consumer electronics – with circuit boards or CRTs
• Rechargeable Batteries – not alkaline; see Hazardous Materials page
• Textiles – Clothing, shoes, linens, curtains, etc. Ripped or stained OK, not heavily soiled
• Books, audio books, CDs, videos, sports memorabilia, LPs, software, computer games
• Plastic Film – Please see Miscellaneous Items page for additional informaiton
What We Do Not Accept
Asbestos: Call East Shore Health at 203-481-4233 or check the DPH Asbestos web page
Car Batteries: Take to any place which sells them
Construction/Demolition Debris: If more than 1 ton, get a dumpster.
Grass Clippings: We can't take them, leave on lawn or mix into your home compost
Latex or Oil based Paint and Stains: See Hazardous Materials Section
Pesticides: See Hazardous Materials Section
Propane Tanks: Take to any place which sells them
Stumps, Large Tree Sections, and Brush: If more than 1 ton, get a dumpster.
Blue Recycling Bins
Recycling bins are in stock and available for pickup at the Transfer Station! Secondary bins are available for those residents who produce large quantities of recyclables.